Monday, June 1, 2009

Elder Johnson Update: Transferred!

Family and Friends:

Michael was a little sad and excited this past week. He was transferred from Charlotte to Salisbury North Carolina, about 42 miles northeast from Charlotte. Below are Michael’s comments from this last week: His new address:

210 Sunset Dr. #516

Salisbury, NC 28147

“Well I had a good first Sunday- Salisbury seems like a great ward- they are definitely pretty good missionary minded- the ward is a mix of older people and then also a lot of YOUNG YOUNG couples including returned missionaries within 5 years- so I think that’s pretty cool- The Bishopric seems great- the first councilor pulled me aside and was like "I’m glad to have you-" one of my first AP's Elder Burton started his mission here in Salisbury and his parents came this weekend to pick him up and he visited the first councilor's family and told them they were in good hands because I was here now- so he said he had great respect for that elder and that he knows ill do great here and to give elder Nielson( my companion) a good push – I’m excited to be here now- I feel like a lot can happen here- So my companion is elder Nielson- he's been out for about 18 months- he a pretty good teacher but isn’t the best at talking to random people SO again ill have to carry the load- I am glad though I am still a senior companion and DRIVER- I’m driving my nice 2006 Chevrolet Mailbu- :) Elder Nielson is a real neat guy- we have hardly anything in common but we get along great- he’s a video gamer- that’s basically all he’s ever done- he’s from Syracuse, Utah- he went to a little charter school over there- No sports- No choir BUT he does like to sing- he wants to be in the choir here with me so we'll probably start that soon- he reminds me SOOOOOOO much of Christian- he has the same body structure- the same demeanor- he walks around the same and moves how Christian would- I can’t explain it- it just is haha-

Well my last week in Charlotte was sad- I basically said bye to all my favorite families and investigators and got some pictures- hopefully I’ll have some exciting news to report next week- love you all.

As you can see----it looks like Michael being able to be ‘Driver’ helps a lot!!!----oh the little things in life has always helped to keep the Johnson spirit alive!!----lol---The exciting news that Michael is referring to is finding out whether a Mother and three daughters that he was teaching were able to get baptized in Charlotte.

Thanks for your continued prayers and thoughts on Michael’s behalf---

No comments:

Post a Comment